Monday, April 9, 2012

Why DIY Brides still need a Day of Coordinator

As anyone who follows my blog knows, I am not only a wedding planner, but also a recently married DIY bride. I am super crafty and love DIY so naturally my wedding had a lot of hand made touches; painted aisle runner, paper flower bouquet, and crafted table numbers to name a few. Although I loved making things for the wedding, it got a little overwhelming as the day approached and I was very glad to have my business partner oversee the actual wedding day.

Many couples find that they can use a fraction of the money they save from all their DIY projects to hire a Day of Coordinator. In comparison to the price of everything else for a wedding, the price for Day of Coordinators is relatively low, usually less than $1000 for the full day.

A Day of Coordinator allows the couple, their parents, and friends fully enjoy the day. DIY brides have worked so hard over the last months to create everything from table numbers to programs that they should be able to relax and enjoy their big day. Without a Day of Coordinator to bring all of my DIY elements together seamlessly and run my wedding day I think would have lost my mind.

 I purchased an inexpensive snow flake aisle runner. On my computer I printed our names and the & in the size I wanted. Then I traced over them with regular craft store paint to create this one of a kind aisle runner for less than $20.

I created the flowers for this bouquet with scrapbook paper and wire. I am currently offering them customized to your specifications on Etsy, but I will be creating a tutorial as well. Keep your eye out on my Facebook and here for it to be posted soon.

Follow my DIY board on Pinterest for great DIY ideas for your wedding and beyond

Do you need a Day of Wedding Coordinator from Offbeat Bride. Great perspective from a former bride and useful comments.

Additional  Links
Take the Cake Events
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional hints and tips

No comments:

Post a Comment