- Jewelry- choose eco-friendly options like recycled stones, ethically sourced diamonds, vintage rings and family heirlooms. Button Jewels can repurpose heirloom pieces to create a beautiful new piece for your wedding like the one above.
- Invitations- they can be made from recycled or tree free papers and soy based inks or can be done via digitally. Great sites like Paperless Post have beautiful invitations that can be sent by email.
- Attire- organic, vintage, rented or once worn gowns are all eco friendly options. Vintage gowns have character that you could never find new and used designer dresses can come at a much more reasonable price point. Here are the top 10 sites for finding pre owned wedding dresses.
- Flowers- seasonal, local, and organic flowers reduce your environmental impact. Faux flowers can also be used. Use your ceremony flowers later at the reception. Bridesmaid bouquets can make beautiful centerpieces. Anything dual use is always better.
- Favors- explore creative eco-friendly favor ideas. Instead of a tangible favor, consider making a donation to a cause or charity of your choice.
Green Bride Guide
Take the Cake Events