|Beautiful single bloom bouquets reduce the amount of flowers needed.|
- Buy organic flowers. These flowers are grown as nature intended without pesticides.
- Use seasonal and local flowers. Here is a handy seasonal flower chart. Local flowers don't have to be shipped around the world before reaching your wedding, therefore reducing the carbon impact of your floral designs.
- Don't like the flowers available in your wedding season? You can grow your own flowers and trick them into thinking it is spring or summer by what is called forcing bulbs.
- Bouquets can be beautiful with a limited number of seasonal flowers or just one flower. Here are some beautiful single bloom bouquets like the ones above.
- Use potted plants like topiaries, bamboo, or lavender as reception centerpieces instead of cut flowers. You will help the enviroment, save money, and have a plant for you or your guests to take home at the end of the night.
- When choosing your florist, find one who already has a working relationship with a flower market that provides locally grown flowers. Let your florist know you would like eco-friendly flowers and most florists will do their best to accommodate your requests.